Saturday, March 17, 2007

Another fine set of pictures of a beautiful girl

I had a whole post written, and blogger ate it... Hopefully, I can re-write this...

Went to the High Risk OB on Monday, March 12th.
Everything seems to be going okay. They are watching the gastroschisis and the enlarged ventricles.
Measurements from Monday:
Heartrate, 143
Brain ventricles - 1.6 cm right, 1.5 cm left, third ventricle 2mm.
Head circumference is 24.5. Head measured at 23 weeks, 1 day (gestational age on the day was 23 weeks, 4 days).
Weight - 1 lb, 5 oz.
Femur length is right on, 23 mm

At the appointment, I asked the sonographer for a few souvenir pictures. At the end of the exam, when she grabbed the printout, she realized she had printed too many, and told me to hide them so she didn't get in trouble.

Oh, and I almost passed out at the exam. Emma wasn't cooperating with the sonographer, so it took a long time. (My friend said that she's stubborn like me.) I apparently was on my back too long, as I started getting faint and flushed. I had to sit up, they turned on the fan, and I had to lay on my side for the remainder of the exam.

Her adorable legs and feet, in 3D.


A great profile shot, in normal ultrasound resolution.


I swear she's not an alien. It's the 3D!


Normal ultrasound picture, but she's a little curled up. Look at that skull!


She's all curled up, with her legs by her head. A gymnast!


the rest is blurry... but look at that face!


It looks like she's smiling, and there's the hand by the face!


those lips, that nose... and that hand!


is that a smile, or what?


That face is so precious. Those lips, that nose, and the hand by the face.
She's definitely my daughter!


In the rest of the week in pregnancy:
I'm definitely showing. But I'm holding out on taking out my belly button ring until i absolutely have to. But I barely have an innie anymore, it's almost an outie.
I had a prenatal massage on Thursday. Wonderful, relaxing, and well-worth it. I highly recommend. I followed the massage with a nice stroll around a bookstore, at which I met a woman near the pregnancy books and recommended a few titles to her.
Prenatal Yoga on Thursday nights. Love it! And one of the women, a Bradley instructor, is about 2 weeks from delivery, and she's huge.
Today, I went to my attorney's office and completed a Will and Medical Power of Attorney. If (God forbid) something were to happen to me, Emma will go to my parents, her grandparents.

No comments: